20 years ago I was given advice that one of the hardest things in life is remembering to remember. I have to say I agree. We can study, meditate and do yoga till the cows come home, but in the heat of a moment will you lose your cool? Developing daily practices and ideals for a more peaceful life can be quite rewarding.
10 things I’ve learned so far:
- Be here now. You’ve heard it before. Now is the only thing you really know and have for sure~don’t screw it up by missing it. Breath is key.
- Meditate daily. If you think you don’t have the time you are who needs it most. Start with what you can realistically give yourself. I started with 5 minutes and now easily do 15-30mins each morning. I relish that time to clear the noise in my brain and check in with myself.
- Drink water and eat well. You are what you eat.
- Body and mind daily care. We need time to accumulate, assimilate and eliminate. Fill your time with equal parts input, processing, output and downtime.
- Check the ego. Are you living from your heart? Hold compassion for yourself and others.
- How are your thoughts and self talk? It is our natural state to be happy and free. You can change the channel if you don’t like what is currently playing by changing your thoughts. Thoughts become things.
- You must take 100% responsibility for your life. Take a look at how things are occurring for you and see if you can find a more positive perspective~a higher vibration. If you can’t seem to ask for help. People (like me) make it their life’s work to help with these things.
- Boundaries are to be defined, communicated and respected at all times on all sides. Period. Game over.
- Love yourself. Focus on that and all the rest will come. No judgement, just love. You can do this!
- Your life is perfect now.
I’d love to hear from you. What have you learned in your quest for peace?
May you always be happy and free~ Heather